Elk River Harmonicas Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:52:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum is back and active. Sorry guys that it was down so long. 7/28/2016 - DP

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Elk River Harmonicas Calendar Members Login Register  

Anybody know what to do with a Polyphonia No. 7

+-+-
+-User
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody know what to do with a Polyphonia No. 7  (Read 1595 times)
elkriverharmonicas
Administrator
Benevolent Overlord

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Badges: (View All)
Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary Search
« on: August 12, 2009, 08:45:23 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

I got the Johnny Puleo glissando on it. That was easy, and cool. It's low as all get out. I thought, this will make a cool bass harp, but it's hard to go from say D to A for a two beat, cause you have to skip Eb, F, F#, G, Ab in between. That's gonna be the learning curve on this rascal.
40 seconds in, on this clip, Ernie Morris plays a solo on one of these Polyphonia No. 7 beasts.... After screwing around on this thing, I've even more respect for Ernie's wizardry.

I'll have to dissect that some more, but Ernie is glissandoifying the solo. It also appears he is playing it upside down.

This Polyphonia by the way, is from the Ray Tankersley collection. I've got three of Ray's horns now, the Polyphonia, the 48 chord and the Kratt Octave harp. The Polyphonia was from the 1950s probably and was, get this STILL FRESH IN THE WRAPPER!
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

+-Recent Topics
Home